Saturday, January 1, 2011

Pineapple-Mint Sorbet


I got an ice cream/frozen yogurt/sorbet maker for Christmas this year (thanks mom!) My first concoction was a pineapple-mint sorbet to ring in the new year. And oh my god is this sorbet amazing. It tastes like pure pineapple bliss. I probably could have added more mint, but it is so good nonetheless, and quite easy to make.

Ingredients:

1/2 a fresh pineapple, peeled and cored (500 mL purée)
8 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup champagne
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh mint

Prepare pineapple and place in blender with sugar. Puree until no chunks remain. Add water and champagne, pulse to combine. Add mint and pulse again. Chill the mixture thoroughly, at least 3 hours. I chilled it overnight.
Once chilled, pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions. Mine took 10 minutes to become sorbet. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.


I had a few people over for New Year's Eve and served my guests a glass of champagne with a scoop of the sorbet in it. So fancy and quite the crowd pleaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment