Sunday, October 31, 2010

My first Chicken Salad Experience

Ever.
Chicken Salad always grossed me out because of the ingredient of mayonnaise. Sorry, but mayonnaise disgusts me. When I saw a chicken salad recipe on We Are Not Martha that didn't use mayonnaise, I knew I had to try it.

What you'll need:

1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon red chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 medium tomatoes, chopped (1 cup)
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons cilantro
1 rotisserie chicken, meat coarsely shredded (3-4 cups)
1 cup red grapes, halved




Cook onion and garlic in oil in a skillet over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened--about 5 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin, and 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook for 2 more minutes.
Add tomatoes and cook on medium-high heat until sauce is just thickened, about 5 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl and stir in yogurt, cilantro, and chicken.



Cool to room temperature and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment