Sunday, December 5, 2010

Satsuma Café

I had heard good things about Satsuma from different sources for awhile. Cory and I often go to breakfast on Sundays, so this Sunday we finally decided to check out Satsuma Café.
Walking up to the place, I already liked the looks of it. It also didn't hurt that the weather was absolutely beautiful for a morning in December.

For a starter we split a raspberry lemon muffin and we each got a glass of their famous satsuma limeade.

The muffin had a fabulous flavor. I've ordered muffins before and later found myself wondering why I had wasted my money because I could have made something better. I won't name any names, but a place I frequent often has the chintziest blueberry muffins I've ever had with a total of probably two blueberries in the entire thing. This muffin, however, was good.

And the satsuma limeade had me wanting a fancy juicer of my own. Incredibly tasty and refreshing.
For our main courses, we got slices of quiche.
My quiche had goat cheese, basil and arugula pesto. I recently discovered that I love quiche, so knowing Satsuma is a place I can find it is a good thing. (Of course I would love to make my own, also.) The quiches were not quite ready when we ordered them, but we said we'd wait the 10 minutes anyway. This may or may not have rushed them in their cooling process, but I still loved mine.



Cory's quiche consisted of ham, cheddar, and cherry tomatoes. His was a little more runny than mine and he complained of it being really garlic-y. I tasted it and enjoyed it, but still liked mine more.


All in all, this place gets an A in my book. I need to get back there and try something else soon.

Satsuma Café
3218 Dauphine St
New Orleans, LA 70117
their urbanspoon
their facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment