Friday, September 17, 2010

Coté Sud

Cory and I went to Coté Sud, formally Ciro's, a couple of weeks ago for dinner.

I had been there once before with my family back in March. I think it was for my brother's birthday dinner. I can no longer remember what I got, but I do remember being satisfied with everything and tasting the other dishes on the table as well. My parents frequent the place quite often.



This time I started with a cocktail called the French 75. Best invention ever. And I'm pretty sure it was intended for me: mixing my two favorite drinks into one delicious blend. Champagne plus gin plus a slice of lemon.

Next I had a small Salade Maison consisting of lettuce, tomato, black olives, and mozzarella cheese with a house vinaigrette. I forgot to take a picture of it.

For my entrée I had one of their daily specials. Veal with potatoes and asparagus. The sauce was creamy and the asparagus had a nice crunch to them.


Cory had the Magret de Canard aux Pêches (duck breast with peaches, prune, apricot, and Bourbon sauce on a bed of mashed potatoes)
I think I might have liked his dish more...doesn't that always happen...but that didn't stop me from eating mine.


We of course had to peruse the dessert list and there were about 3 or 4 that I wanted to try. Both of us glanced at a table across the way and that's how we decided to go with the layered chocolate mousse cake. Because I'm my father's daughter I also had an after dinner coffee.
The chocolate cake was very good, but honestly it was a little bit too rich and chocolate-y for my likings. If you're a chocolate person, by all means go for it. I found myself wishing I had gotten the puff pastry or upside down apple tart, but there's always next time!

The next day my sister finished the chocolate cake and I had a lunch of gourmet left-overs.

Would I go back? Of course. I hear they make wonderful pizza, which I must try.
Diners beware: cash and check only

No comments:

Post a Comment