Monday, September 20, 2010

Pizza Dough!


Due to a combination of both delicious looking flat-bread recipes on my food blogs, and my co-worker's mention of making her own pizza dough last week, I have taken it upon myself to try a home-made pizza dough as well. And I'm throwing a pizza party to test it all out.

Before the party, though, I first must pre-make the dough. That's what tonight's adventure shall be about.

Here's what you'll need:

1 package dry active yeast (2 tspns)
1 cup warm water
3 cups flour (I used whole wheat again)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil

1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and set aside.
2. Mix the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
3. Make a well in the center of flour mix and pour olive oil and yeast mixture into it.
4. Mix dough until a ball starts to form, then knead on lightly floured surface for 4-5 minutes.


5. Lightly oil a glass bowl and the ball of dough, cover, and let rise for about an hour. Set in warm location.

I let my dough sit for an hour, walked my dogs, and when I came back I was very happy to see that my pizza dough had indeed risen. I have read about other bloggers not having the same luck. Then...I poked it down and let it rise for one more hour.


Roll your dough out on a lightly floured surface. Trying to achieve a nice, round, pizza-like shape is probably the hardest part of this whole process.
Then spread your sauce and add your toppings. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling!

No comments:

Post a Comment